Saturday, April 23, 2011

Take The Shackles Off My Feet

There's a big diference between dancing onstage and dancing in a parking lot. Looking out into the audience from the stage, you see only blackness, no faces. However, looking out at the crowd in the daylight is a different story. You make eye contact, you see their reactions to your dancing, you are at their level. That's what got me the most today- seeing my audience. It threw me off just a bit, dancing on their eye-level. But, eye-level with the audience, I felt more connected to them, and I could tell by the smiles on their faces that they were connecting with me too. And, with that connection established, I felt like I spoke closer to their hearts than I would have been able to do if I were dancing from a blinding stage's point of view. It was a new experience for me, and I can only hope that the ones dancing with me felt the same connections to our audience. I hope that the people left that parking lot today feeling a sense of happiness because of the message we delivered. I know I did.

P.S.-here's the link to the song if you guys want to know what we danced to: Shackles

No comments:

Post a Comment