Sunday, April 3, 2011

Satin Shoes and Crimson Silk

Ever since I heard about blogging, I wanted to join in the fun. I had written a few entries on websites like Yahoo, but never really developed a theme or kept up on the posting. Well, this time it will be different. This time, it will (hopefully) be interesting, new, and fresh. And this time, I will get some followers. These are my goals as a blogger. On this blog, I plan to manifest my love for music and dance.

I've been a dancer since I was about three years old. I distinctly remember slipping my tiny feet into Mommy's old pointe shoes and pretending to be a prima ballerina as I twirled around the house. Now, thirteen years later, I have my own dance shoes, and I still twirl around the house.

My life as a dancer began with a pair of tiny white ballet slippers and a matching white dress. I must've been nervous as I followed the line of similarly outfitted tiny dancers padding down the backstage hallways. I remember peeking through the seams in the monstrous black curtain as I waited in the wings, watching the beautiful dancers in ribbons of crimson silk spin and float across the stage. Their pink satin pointe shoes never rested as their glissades and grand jetes urged the music forward. I remember longing to be one of those dancers in the crimson silk. All too soon, the music ended, and the river of silk came to a gentle stop as the dancers floated into a final pose; motionless. The curtain fell. The dancers rose, floated past the line of little ballerinas. I watched them leave through the stage door, and I've still never seen such beautiful dancers.

Since that day, dancing has remained my dream. Now, I wish to share my experiences as a dancer with the world through this humble blog. So, put on some music, pour a cup of warm tea and read on.

1 comment: