Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cheers!

Here's to a new year!  As I raised my glass and kissed my boyfriend last night at 12:00, I was reflecting on the events of 2011.  As is happens, I've done some pretty amazing things this past year.  I've grown a lot-- spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and musically (also, I grew an inch!  Does that count?)  I have also gotten the chance to see and do many amazing things (like seeing Pat Benatar and going to NYC to see Wicked!)  2011 has seen many life changes as well.  I graduated highschool, started and finished my first college semester, had the chance to act, sing, and choreograph my first musical, celebrated with my boyfriend our third Christmas together, made some new friends while growng closer to existing ones, joined a band, picked up a new instrument, and started a novel. 

Indeed, the year has been a big one.  I've never been one to make huge New Year's resolutions, but if I were to make one this year, it would be to continue playing, performing, and learning music.  I miss dancing, so maybe I will join a class again.  Maybe I will even get the chance to choreograph again!  Whatever the case, I know that music will be a big part of the coming year.  That is something I;m very much looking forward to.  I'm not seeking to become a rock star (although that would be awesome, no?)  but I would like to keep finding my voice.  Taking singing lessons with my cousin was a great part of 2011, and it helped me to explore another facet of music.  I think I made a good choice there.  I also think I made a good choice when I decided to learn the bass.  Although I haven't had much time to find my inner crazy groovy bassist, I have learned a lot about the instrument, and in 2012, I hope to get more in tune with that inner bass musician.  Who knows?  She might be pretty good.  Another thing I'd love to do is go back to New York.  That was such an amazing experience.  Wombatting down the sidewalks of NYC is something I'll never forget.   If I ever find the video of the experience, I will post it.  But for those of you who know what I'm talking about, and for those of you who were there in person, you can have a laugh too ;) 

So, my friends, here's a toast to the new year and the memories made in the last one.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment