Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Inspiration

Give me a word,
A thought,
Or a smile.
Tell me a story,
Play a song,
Stay a while.
Give me a poem,
Or whisper
Like this.
Show me
Some something,
A thing I can't miss.

Remind me to fight
When all I want
Is to crumble.
Give me a hope--
A light
Through the tunnel.
Show me the way
When life's blindfold
I wear.
Make me a promise.
Tell me
You swear.

Please keep me smiling--
Happy,
At peace.
Lend your warm shoulder
When I can't go
To sleep.
Calm my frail nerves
When life
Lays me out.
Sing through my nightmares,
Quench all
My doubts.

Take hold of my hand,
Pull me up
When I fall.
Say it's alright
If I run into
Brick walls.
Open the windows
When the doors
Are all closed
Be my warm blanket
When stormy
Winds blow.

All this I hope for
Humble,
And meek.
Could you possibly be
These things
That I seek?
But one small request
Trancends all
Of these.
Two tiny words:

Inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment