Thursday, May 19, 2011

Words of Apology and a Bass Guitar

Wow.  I just realized what day it is, and how long it has been since I last posted.  My apologies.  I do have a resonable excuse though.  I've been busy having a birthday, getting my driver's license, and trying to graduate.  Check, check, and check.  Well, there's a half check on that last one.  The actual ceremony hasn't taken place yet, but it will on Saturday.  I am finished all schoolwork though, and that is exciting and scary and relieving and stressful all at once.
On another note, I have an important decision to share!  I have been fortunate enough to come across a rather random discovery.  A few weeks ago (or has it been months?), my boyfriend decided he was going to buy a bass guitar.  This was totally out of the blue.  So, two weeks ago, I picked it up and started to play it rather jokingly while I waited with him for his band practice to start.  Sitting there listening to him explain notes and strings to me was fascinating.  It was like learning music all over again.  It made sense and I was even able to pick out a few melodies on my own, even though I had never touched a bass guitar before.  It just felt right, and I had an epic vision of rockstardom.  I want to learn how to play the bass now, and hopefully be good at it too.  I've been listening to the bass in songs on the radio and on my iPod (who we will call Buddy from now on, because that's his name), and sometimes I will stop in the middle of the store to see if I can pick it out through the speakers between the noises of the crowd.  I'm fully intrigued and I can't wait until I have my own.  Hopefully, by July that will happen.  I've been promised a trip to Guitar Center as soon as I save enough.  One more thing to look forward to.  I think it will be a good summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment